It’s very easy, I promise…and actually quite quick too- if you don’t include the paint drying time 😉
If you don’t want to make your own decorative tape, you can easily buy some of the pre-made fabric tape or even use washi tape.
- Materials needed:-
– pretty scraps of fabric
– paint and paint brush
– thin double sided sticky tape (I use some from 3M)
– plain wooden spoons…or other wooden kitchen utensils
– mod podge
1. Paint your wooden spoons on the handle only. You don’t have to go all the way down, paint some handles stopping at halfway.
They look quite pretty just painted too. Don’t you think?
2. Whilst spoons are drying you can make your own fabric tape using the thin, double sided tape and your fabric scraps. I have several tutorials from past posts on how to make your own decorative tape.
3. Lay your fabric out flat, roll out double sided tape onto fabric. Cut. Voila! You have your own fabric tape. Use the links above if you would like a step-by-step tutorial on how to make your own fabric tape.
4.Once spoons are dry, wrap fabric tape around the handle of your spoon. Mix and match strips. Leave gaps in places so the paint shows through in places. Place 2 strips side-by-side. You get the idea…just have some fun playing around.
They would make a great gift idea for a home cook.
Your old wooden spoons have been pimped!